[gnugo-devel] mkpat options in .db file

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: [gnugo-devel] mkpat options in .db file
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:42:37 -0400

I propose the following change to how mkpat is invoked, by example:

Instead of:
   ./mkpat -c -b barrierspat < $(srcdir)/barriers.db >barriers.c

It can currently be written at:
   ./mkpat -c -b barrierspat -i $(srcdir)/barriers.db -o barriers.c

But better still would be:
   ./mkpat $(srcdir)/barriers.db
Where the first like of barriers.db is:
#!./mkpat -c -b -n barrierspat -o barriers.c
[Note, I've removed the -i option, making the db file the only argument, moving
the prefix to the -n option.]

1) This would make the db more self-explanatory - no digging in makefiles
to find the options.
2) Keeping VC builds up-to-date would be much easier (yes, it's a little
self-serving)
3) Make debugging mkpat a tad easier - less options to worry about.
4) Make the makefile much simpler.

Thoughts?

-Trevor