Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA rewrite

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA rewrite
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 18:38:24 -0400

>I think Trevor once wanted to try out how storing all possible
>orientations of each pattern into the DFA affects it's size and runtime.
>(This would be an intermediate speed-size trade-off similar to the one
>you are suggesting.)
>
>Trevor, did you actually try this?

Yes, I did try, but had trouble getting the rotation working correctly
in the DFA code, and never got it straightened out.  I think that
pre-rotating all the patterns in the DFA databases would give a speed
increase, probably quite significant, though the pattern databases may
grow too large.

-Trevor