Re: [gnugo-devel] sgf patch fixes

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] sgf patch fixes
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:05:13 -0700

> The IL property can in this context be used to simulate that a move is
> forbidden due to ko. However, in such cases it is much better to do
> printsgf at the previous move and add the last one as an explicit
> move. Since IL is a private property we can't expect other programs to
> understand it, but we do want our regressions to be generally useful.
> Thus we should avoid it.

I think we could advocate adding the IL property to the sgf specification.
It seems to me to serve a useful purpose.

If a file is loaded with a ko position marked with the IL property
GNU Go will avoid playing it. We should be able to create files
with the IL property marked so --printsgf should continue to
generate it.

Dan