[gnugo-devel] Re: Bug report gnugo-3.3.8

From: Markus Enzenberger
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: Bug report gnugo-3.3.8
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:18:53 -0600

> Can you reproduce this crash and/or produce a backtrace?

I couldn't reproduce it yet (NeuroGo was starting with a random srand),
but I will try to get a backtrace if I encounter it next time.

> A better (and supported) way to gain speed at the cost of strength is
> to reduce the level setting.

I already set level to 0. If you say, that GnuGo was already using
its persistent reading cache, then there is probably not much room
for gaining speed.

Right now, GnuGo does less than 3-5 examine_positions per second
at level 0 on my 1GHz Duron. To make a NeuroGo training possible
I would need at least 10-20 evaluations per second.

- Markus