[gnugo-devel] new attack/defense codes

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: [gnugo-devel] new attack/defense codes
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:01:59 +0200

Hi,

Just a short note to confirm that changing values of WIN, KO_A and
KO_B is now safe (at least, for regressions), provided that :
- the symetry is being kept ( REVERSE_RESULT() )
- gtp_print_code() is getting accordingly updated

The attached patch is intended for those who would like to verify
it, as well as for me (testing my address@hidden&$ mail client)

Else, I did another small test and managed to report the moves
generated by my first patch as tactical ones. Unfortunately, they
get largely undervalued in this case. So, it doesn't seem to be a
good and/or useful idea.

In the end, Arend's ambitious idea is the last option. As said, I
think I don't know enough the engine yet to come up with something
in the near future, but I'll keep working on it. Thank you all for
your comments.

In the meantime, I'll try to do some other tunings. It should be instructive
for me.

/nando