[gnugo-devel] RE: Work in progress

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] RE: Work in progress
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:48:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002, Portela Fernand wrote:

> In a moment of delirium, I wrote:
>
> > I've rapidly taken a look at the macros, it seems feasible.
>
> [I shouldn't write emails at 3am, not to talk about coding...]
>
> Ok, while it seems not too difficult to add/modify code for the persistent
> cache, I don't see how to do with the code in cache.c. It doesn't look like
> there's enough room there for a new field.
>
> I'm gonna think more about it, but I'm stuck for the moment...

Well, result2 is unused in owl_attack/defend, and for the _result_ part of
the cache entry, I don't see a need to have it work identically for
different parts of the engine, you just need to provide different
macros.
If you can assure that the order of worms in catalog_goal is
reproducable, then it might be sufficient to store the number of the
worm in that list, so you could get away with 5-6 bits for almost
any dragon?