Re: [gnugo-devel] code maintenance patch

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] code maintenance patch
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 23:06:30 +0200

Nando wrote:
> Some small code clean-ups :
>
> - removed a couple duplicated lines in printutils.c

Those are indeed not necessary. :-)

> - moved draw_active_area() to showbord.c (is there a better place ?) for
>   common use in reading.c and owl.c

No, we don't want to have draw_active_area() in showbord.c. It's a
local debug routine for the persistent cache and should reside with
the rest of the persistent cache code. We also don't want to leak
HIGH_LIBERTY_BIT to the rest of the engine via liberty.h.

> PS: btw, the symmetry corrections I submitted earlier seem to cause some
>     problems (fails), at least for me. Anybody else noticed ?

It's not newly added test cases you're seeing or effects of other
patches? (No, I haven't tried the patch.)

/Gunnar