[gnugo-devel] Previewing .tst files

From: bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Previewing .tst files
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:12:11 -0800

Thi's latest iteration with gnugo.el is called gnugo.el_1.26
and is available at:

http://www.glug.org/alt/gnugo/

It gives a convenient way of graphically displaying the
games in a .tst file, something we often want to do. Of
course there is also Trevor's webpage but this way you
can work offline, or with new tests, etc. Here's how to
do it.

Make a link in regression/ to interface/gnugo:

cd regression; ln -s ../interface/gnugo ./gnugo

Load gnugo-xpms.el and gnugo.el_1.26.

Visit a .tst file in the regression directory. This
guarantees that when you start gnugo it will be in
that directory. I will use nando.tst as an example.

Start gnugo: M-x gnugo.

It is best to open two frames, one for *gnugo board*
and one the file you want to preview.

In the *gnugo board* frame type 'i' to get the nice
Go board. It does not display coordinates but you can
switch back to the ascii display at any time to see those
with one keystroke 'i' which toggles the displays.

Place the cursor in a line beginning with the gtp
command 'loadsgf'.

Load the following keyboard macro:

(fset 'gnugo-preview
   [?\C-a ?\C-  ?\C-e ?\M-w ?\C-x ?b ?* ?g ?n ?u ?g ?o ?  ?b ?o ?a ?r ?d ?*
return ?: ?\C-y return ?i ?\C-l ?i ?\C-x ?b return])

That is, place this in a file gnugo-preview.el and
load the file with M-x loadfile.

Bind it to a key with global-setkey. I am using F5.

Now you can instantly see any test in the file by
placing the cursor in a line beginning with the
gtp command loadsgf and pressing F5.

Dan