Re[2]: [gnugo-devel] very good news

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re[2]: [gnugo-devel] very good news
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:58:43 +0200

>> the size of dfa database is reduced more than 3 times! i used very many
>> iterations (10000 for the three smaller databases and many more for
>> owl_defendpats.db).

> Great!

i was fooled with code in pattern_2_string() and dfa_add_string(). it
seemed duplicated to me (looked like both generated a transformed
pattern string) and so i removed the "duplication" from dfa_add_string().
now i have the feeling that i'll have to say "well, there is no 3 times
reduction, but still we have a nice 2% decrease in size..."

:(((

anyway, we'll know that soon enough... *sigh*...

Paul