[gnugo-devel] bug?

From: Paul Miller
Subject: [gnugo-devel] bug?
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:08:35 -0500

I'm happilly using gnugo 3.2 to build an adorable little web
interface.  It's at http://www.voltar.org/gnugo .

I ran into a problem where if I generate a game thusly:

sh$ alias gtest='gnugo --color white --handicap 2 --boardsize 9 --mode ascii'
sh$ echo save filename.sgf | gtest

Mr. bug shows up here:

sh$ echo e5\;save filename.sgf | gtest -l filename.sgf

Apparently gnugo doesn't want to load those black handicap
peices.  The experiment runs fine in reverse however.

sh$ alias gtest='gnugo --color black --handicap 2 --boardsize 9 --mode ascii'
sh$ echo save filename.sgf | gtest
sh$ echo e5\;save filename.sgf | gtest -l filename.sgf

I'm actually using the ascii output to draw my goban, so ...
this bug turned out to be a little frustraiting.  I'm likely
to try to fix it on my own, there may be too much code there
for me to find a good starting point.

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat
is swimming.  32 jumps, 6.7 minutes of freefall, 14.3 ff miles.