Re: [gnugo-devel] bug?

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug?
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:42:33 -0800

Paul Miller wrote:

> I'm happilly using gnugo 3.2 to build an adorable little web
> interface.  It's at http://www.voltar.org/gnugo .
>
> I ran into a problem where if I generate a game thusly:
>
> sh$ alias gtest='gnugo --color white --handicap 2 --boardsize 9 --mode ascii'
> sh$ echo save filename.sgf | gtest
>
> Mr. bug shows up here:
>
> sh$ echo e5\;save filename.sgf | gtest -l filename.sgf

The point is that after these commands you end up with:

    A B C D E F G H J
  9 . . . . . . . . . 9
  8 . . . . . . . . . 8
  7 . . + . . .(X). . 7
  6 . . . . . . . . . 6
  5 . . . . O . . . . 5
  4 . . . . . . . . . 4
  3 . . + . . . + . . 3
  2 . . . . . . . . . 2
  1 . . . . . . . . . 1
    A B C D E F G H J

No handicap stones. I did the same experiment with gnugo-3.3.16
and got:

    A B C D E F G H J
  9 . . . . . . . . . 9
  8 . . . . . . . . . 8
  7 . . + . . . X . . 7
    A B C D E F G H J

So your solution is to upgrade to a more recent GNU Go.

You might consider converting your interface to --mode gtp.

Daniel Bump