Re: [gnugo-devel] Reading patch

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Reading patch
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:13:52 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Nando wrote:

> I just finished testing the appended patch with following results which look
> rather good to me. The breakage :
>
> trevora:220    PASS
> trevorc:1440   FAIL   the test would pass with --owl-node-limit 1250
> global:4       FAIL   current CVS would also fail both tests if the owl node
> global:5       FAIL   limit would be similarly increased (1250)
> tactics1:101   PASS
> tactics1:104   PASS
>
> Performance impact :
>
> - reading nodes: +0.6%
> - owl nodes: +0.3%
> - connection nodes: -eps
>

> Globally, I think the patch is just logical and removes a rotational
> dependency.

I agree, it's a good thing.  This should be completely equivalent to
evan_3_10.4b in functionality, but that was rejected for speed reasons.

Interestingly, I think the regression delta has gotten somewhat smaller
since then.

I can't seem to find the delta because the email seems absent from the
archive.  Anyone know what's going on there?

Thanks

Evan Daniel