[gnugo-devel] Goben 0.0.4 - yet another GTK+ GNUGo interface

From: Wayne Myers
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Goben 0.0.4 - yet another GTK+ GNUGo interface
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:00:31 +0000

Hi,

I must first thank you all for GNUGo. I am very new to Go, and I am
finding that GNUGo is both an excellent opponent and a vast trove of Go
learning which I will be spending the next several years sorting
through.

Secondly, since I found that there were no front ends to GnuGo that
both worked properly on my system and allowed board sizes other than
19x19, I am writing one. It's called Goben, it's licensed under the
GPL, and it's available here:
http://www.waz.easynet.co.uk/software.html.
(halfway down the page)

It should compile and run on Linux with GTK 1.2.7 or greater. It might
even compile elsewhere (with GTK 1.2.7 or greater), but I don't know.

Several important features are still missing (GMP / GTP2 / SGF support,
handicaps, timing and scoring of human v human games), but it can already
be used as an interface to GNUGo, which means that development is now
likely to be a little slower than before.

All comments, criticisms, bug reports, flames etc gratefully received.

Thankyou once again,

Wayne Myers

--
Wayne Myers