Re: [gnugo-devel] more komoku josekis

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] more komoku josekis
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 15:32:17 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Evan Berggren Daniel wrote:

> Some more komoku josekis.
>
> - Answers to low 1 space pincer after small knight's approach
This is about the following situation:

+Pattern JK262
+
+-----------+
+...........|
+...........|
+....X.O....|
+...ac...X..|
+......O....|
+.......X...|
+......d....|
+.......b...|
+...........|

(The patch adds variations following white a and white b.)
I think both of these look a little dangerous for GNU Go to play. The
concepts behind these are definitely beyond gnugo's scope for now. E.g.
after white a, it tenukies against black c. Similarly after white b -
black d.

So I'd suggest to add these variations, but don't mark them as josekis for
white for now. Then we know at least what to do when our opponent plays them.
Later, once we have added more non-joseki continuations by black, or
gnugo understands the position better, we can enable them.

> - Continuations after large knight's approach
> - Another avalanche continuation (non-joseki)
These look both fine to me.