[gnugo-devel] Wrong kenuki

From: Xueping Li
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Wrong kenuki
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 22:41:59 -0800

Hi all,

I'm new to this mailing list and I have played gnugo for several times. I would like to share my view with you about one obvious issue I observed.

When the opponent cuts the gnugo's two stones, so that two black and two white stones are cutting each other, the gnugo should never make kenuki. Yet I found gnugo often pleyed somewhere else, and let the opponent take big advantage. In 99% cases (even for professional players), the only choice now is atari or nobi, although the subsequent variations are huge.

I don't know if the program can treat this as a special case.Anyway I think this is a big weak point of gnugo.

Best regards,

SP Lee