[gnugo-devel] my current task

From: kevin yong
Subject: [gnugo-devel] my current task
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:02:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Arend and Evan:

  Thank you both very much for your prompt replies.
The advices you giving are very useful.

  Among the things you suggested, i'm interested and
like to focus on one task, which factually are
mentioned in both of your replies:

Arend suggests to look at the regress files, and find
the weakness of gnugo, and try to understand what is
going wrong;

Evan suggests do some tuning on owl_move_ordering.

Here is my current action plan:

•       Develop some sort of ‘report’ mechanism, to output
some ‘middle-results’ of gnugo thinking process into a
output file. So, when we look at the result of a game
playing, and found something wrong, we can also look
at this report file to know what gnugo has been
thinking through;
•       Spot and look at gnugo source-code related with the
problem we found;
•       Try to tuning it.

Any comments/suggestions are extremely welcome.

Thank you again.

kevin.