[gnugo-devel] Surprisingly good, yet missing last chance

From: SP LEE
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Surprisingly good, yet missing last chance
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 08:49:35 -0800

Hi all,

I played a game again with GNUGO. At near the end, the GNUGO surprisingly let a group of its stones alive, while my group of stones die (of course due to my mistake). However, it seemed not having the knowledge of eliminate liberties of the opponent group and missed its last chance.

I think this is rather a problem of calculation of liberties than complicated reasoning. Can you guys find out why this happened?

SP Lee