Re: [gnugo-devel] Surprisingly good, yet missing last chance

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Surprisingly good, yet missing last chance
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 17:13:12 -0800

Thanks for your reply. I agree that finding the best solution is too complicated. However, do you mean that it's also complicated for GNUGO to treat conditional alive as indeed conditional and not unconditional? If GNUGO can see that it captures a group of opponent stones in a semeai and believes it wins the game, it can, I think, just fill the liberties to get the opponent stones out of the board because it got to do it anyway.

SP Lee