Re: [gnugo-devel] Parallelizing GNU Go

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Parallelizing GNU Go
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:57:33 -0500 (EST)

I think the major use for a parallelized GNU Go is for tournament play.
Alternately, I think we could get several computers working together
across the net for play on nngs, if that can be made to work.

I think the way to look at parallelizing is like any other speed up, and
evaluate maintainability, etc in that context.

I think a clustered version is most interesting, since clusters are easier
to get ahold of than multi-cpu machines.

Evan Daniel