Re: [gnugo-devel] regress 13x13b:27

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] regress 13x13b:27
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 22:23:41 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not familiar with running regressions under WinXP.  Probably the best
idea is to download cygwin, which is a UNIX environment for windows, and
comes with things like sh, make, awk, etc.  This will allow you to run the
regression suite in the standard way using the make files.  Another option
is to install pike and use the regress.pike script.  There are at least a
couple developers on here who use windows; they might be able to offer
better suggestions than I can.

Gunnar, is that script available somewhere?  should it be included in cvs?

If you're interested in the detailed answer for how the .tst file is set
up, here it is:

following every numbered GTP command is a comment of the form
#? [correct answer]
optionally with a trailing *.  The correct answer is a regex matched
against the return string from GNU Go for that test; if it matches, the
test passes, if it doesn't, the test fails.  A test with a * is one that
is expected to fail; a test with no * is one that is expected to pass.
Scripts like regress.sh, eval.sh, regress.pike, etc, parse the .tst files,
feed them to gnugo, and look at the answers that come back, and compare
them to the comments to output useful results.

hope this helps

Evan Daniel