Re: [gnugo-devel] test results after removing Pattern CD106

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] test results after removing Pattern CD106
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:26:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kevin,

(Tests results removing CD106)

> ./regress.sh . 13x13b.tst
> 27 unexpected PASS!

You are right, this pattern is much too general. As there is no pointer
in the comments which problem it was intended to solve, I don't know
whether it is still necessary.
But I looked (with the help of kombilo) at a couple of occurrences of
this pattern on recent NNGS games, and the replace action seemed either
unnecessary or wrong.

I'd suggest we should make it a policy that all patterns with replace
actions should have a pointer to a regression test where they are
necessary.

>   what i should do next?
>   thanks again for your reply.

Nothing but making sure Dan, Gunnar and me don't forget to look at the
patch :)