Re: [gnugo-devel] how to trace:

From: Evan Berggren Daniel
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] how to trace:
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:48:50 -0400 (EDT)

The usual process is not to trace for the whole move.  Usually, you only
need the reading traces for owl or semeai or tactics cases, and only care
about a specific piece of the reading.  For example, if in the testcase
you are trying to solve you determine that gnugo doesn't see an attack on
a group, then you care only about the trace for owl_attack on that group.
To get this, go into gtp mode, load the game, and start the trace.  Then,
instead of executing a genmove command, just run owl_attack on that group.
This will only give you the owl reading, which is what you want.
Similarly for tactics or semeai.

Hope this helps

Evan Daniel