[gnugo-devel] GNU Go quirk

From: alanh
Subject: [gnugo-devel] GNU Go quirk
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 21:16:25 +0100 (BST)

Dear Sirs
Thanks for GNU Go.  I have played it several times recently and it
almost always beats me.  I think I won the attached game, though,
because it tried to play at T19, and cgoban reported it was making
an illegal move.  Is this a bug?

When I re-loaded the saved file, the program just ran out of time
without trying to repeat this illegal move.

This is GNU Go version 3.2.
The program is set up as recommended with cgoban.
The system details reported by uname are
  Linux linux 2.4.10-4GB #1 Fri Sep 28 17:20:21 GMT 2001 i686 unknown
The CPU is an Intel Celeron 466 MHz.
Memory: 368 Mbytes.
OS: SuSE Linux 7.3
This machine has been tested with "memtest" fairly recently, and it
showed no memory faults.

Yours
Alan Hutchinson