Re: [gnugo-devel] some more tests

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] some more tests
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:04:24 -0700

> I made my UI capable to run auto matches between GTP and non GTP engines
> Here are some results  i got running GnuGo vs Go++ and WinHonte.

Thank you for this testing. It is striking that WinHonte beats 3.2
consistently but that 3.3.21 usually beats WinHonte. It is possible
that WinHonte is very tuned against GNU Go 3.2.

Of the Go++ rounds there is one where I'd like some clarification.
What are the level settings for both programs in this round?

How many levels does Go++ have?

Dan

-3 gnugo.3.3.21
= gnugo3321cvs =12
= GO++ =13

= gnugo3321cvs won:
1 (7)
2 (27)
5 (26)
6 (28)
9 (10)
10 (3)
14 (1)
15 (34)
16 (76)
17 (154)
19 (30)
22 (2)

= GO++ won:
3 (4)
4 (24)
7 (8)
8 (23)
11 (16)
12 (29)
13 (97)
18 (17)
20 (13)
21 (24)
23 (6)
24 (47)
25 (46)

time = gnugo3321cvs: 8431
time = GO++: 7341

i think that it is the more fair time settings and i will run it again for
more games .