Re: [gnugo-devel] Question regarding compiling gnugo on windows

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Question regarding compiling gnugo on windows
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:30:47 +0000

aquarius wrote:
> I recently compiled my own version of gnugo for windows
> using the latest mingw / msys stuff. Unfortunately my
> binary was about 10 times bigger than all other mingw/cygwin
> versions floating around (officially and unofficially).

Current (CVS) version of GNU Go executable should be around 4.3M with
debug information, 2.3M without.  Version 3.4 was about the same size,
3.2 was larger.  The largest GNU Go executable was somewhere between
versions 3.2 and 3.4 - around 6.5M / 4.4M.

I have no idea of pre-3.2 GNU Go size, but presumably it was way
smaller.  Are you sure you compared your size with size of a same
version binary?

Paul Pogonyshev