Re: [gnugo-devel] question about GTP

From: aquarius
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] question about GTP
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:01:01 +0100

Am Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:21:07 +0100 schrieb Trung Hoang <address@hidden>:

Hi.

I am trying to use GTP to communicate with gnugo.
I succeded to send one message to it, but my second
or messages after the first do not get through.

Hi Trung,

You do not specify Gnu Go version and compiler / runtime - Environment.

Just in case you use a self-compiled 3.5.x version of Gnu Go
it could be you suffer from the same problem as me:

The new GTP-Buffering in Ver. 3.5.x sometimes does not work any more
(at least for me - when compiling with MingW/MSYS on WinXP)

I suggest you have a look at:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-11/msg00004.html
and
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-11/msg00008.html
and follow-ups

If this helps you, the gnugo-devel team will be pleased to hear from you
- i suppose - your compile/runtime environment and *how* you made it work.

Happy Go-ing,
aquarius

P.S.: to the gnugo-devel team:
Do you have any objections using my patch in the official Gnu Go?
Or do you have no Win32 developers to check it?
I'm sorry not to be able to further investigate the problem myself
(It seems to be MingW's fault - not Gnu Go's) ...
Feel free to use the patch since it won't hurt and I don't claim
any copyright on this single line of code ;-)