Re: [gnugo-devel] question about GTP

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] question about GTP
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:20:20 +0100 (CET)

Hallo aqaurius,

wer Du auch immer bist: :-)

> I suggest you have a look at:
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-11/msg00004.html
> and
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-11/msg00008.html
> and follow-ups
>
> If this helps you, the gnugo-devel team will be pleased to hear from you
> - i suppose - your compile/runtime environment and *how* you made it work.
>
> Happy Go-ing,
> aquarius
>
> P.S.: to the gnugo-devel team:
> Do you have any objections using my patch in the official Gnu Go?
> Or do you have no Win32 developers to check it?

Thanks for reminding us about this issue. I have nothing against your
patch, but I'd like to understand the issue. On my linux system, the man page
for setvbuf says:

The setlinebuf function is exactly equivalent to the call:

              setvbuf(stream, (char *)NULL, _IOLBF, 0);

In the 2nd mail you cite above, you say that exactly this replacement
has been the problem.
setvbuf() is conforming to ANSI, while as setlinebuf() is not considered
portable.
Is MingW not ANSI-conformant in this respect?