Re: [gnugo-devel] problem with windows binaries

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] problem with windows binaries
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:04:49 +0100

Max wrote:
> In the changelog file of the 3.5.2 released we can read
>
> -Cosmic GNU Go disabled by default.
> then
> - new command line option --no-cosmic-gnugo
>
> i think this should read
> - new command line option -- cosmic-gnugo

No, the --cosmic-gnugo option was added before 3.5.1,
--no-cosmic-gnugo was new in 3.5.2. Notice that you still can turn on
cosmic by default through a configure flag. Then --no-cosmic-gnugo is
useful.

> One other problem is about 3.5.1 released
>
> i read :
> "- no buffering on stdout in ascii mode"
>
> i have recently got a 3.5.2 windows binary which never answers
> to my std-in /out technology when invoked with --mode gtp
> but answers when invoked with --mode ascii (even if it does not understand
> the gtp commands) .
>
> I have tried it with Ggo and i have the same problem .
>
> is it possible that a confusion happened ?

Not really, rather misunderstanding the nature of the problem. See
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-08/msg00190.html
with comments for an explanation of the ascii mode change.

/Gunnar