Re: patch - was: Re: [gnugo-devel] temporary development web page

From: aquarius
Subject: Re: patch - was: Re: [gnugo-devel] temporary development web page
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:56:03 +0100

Am Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:52:21 +0100 schrieb Gunnar Farneback <address@hidden>:

Right, this needs to be laid to rest. I'm not really happy with adding
platform-conditional code though if it can be avoided. I think we
should just give up on the line buffering. Can you test whether this
alternative patch works for you?

/Gunnar

Yes, setbuf(stdout, NULL) works - i've tested it both with the "rxvt.exe"
of MinGW/Msys and with the java-based "GoGui" that connects through pipes.
All on Win-XP home with MinGW-3.1.0, gcc 3.2.3 mingw special, java 1.4.2

B.t.w:
setvbuf(stdout, (char *)NULL, _IONBF, 0) works also. (isn't setbuf deprecated?)
and:
in combination with my patch enabled for all platforms even
setvbuf(stdout, (char *)NULL, _IOFBF, 0) would work (I've tested it) - resulting
in full buffering of gtp-mode and flushing after each response. Would that be
against the specs of the gtp protocol?
How long can a gtp-response be? (I do not know of all the debug-commands ...)

happy Go - ing
   aquarius