Re: [gnugo-devel] GUI that can play Gnu Go

From: Rui Jiang
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GUI that can play Gnu Go
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:47:37 -0800

Thanks for your detailed answer. I am going to modify my homepage
accordingly as soon as possible.

I was looking at GNU Go 3.4 and didn't find any doc for GTP. That's the
reason why I was still using the GMP, which is really weird. But now I have
seen a full doc for GTP in latest version.

I will not put the binary in my setup, instead, I am still going to provide
a seperate download for user to easily access.

By the way, this is something I found in GNU Go. In version 3.5.4 I
downloaded, patterns library won't compile in VC 6. The compiler complains
out of memory. I have looked at the project setting and found that the
memory allocation limit setting is:

/Zm1000

According to VC6's doc, this is to say to use 1000% memory than normal to
build it. Maybe it just tries to allocate such amount of memory in the
beginning, which is probably going to fail.

I have changed it to /Zm200 and it works fine.

Thanks,
Rui