Re: [gnugo-devel] Looking for an analyser go program

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Looking for an analyser go program
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 05:38:45 +0100

Cristophe wrote:
>    For a given list of problems entered as patterns, I
> want the program to find ALL the situations in my
> games which matched one of the patterns...
>
>   This would be useful to analyze a game(s). I was
> thinking of Finite State Automaton but I think this is
> already coded in Gnugo.
>
>   How can Gnugo be used for this feature ?

It can be done but not in any easy way. Basically you would need to
find out how to enter the patterns in the GNU Go pattern database
format, how to add a new pattern database, how to run the pattern
matcher inside the program, and add some kind of interface code.

My guess is that you're much better off trying to solve this problem
with Kombilo.

/Gunnar