Re: [gnugo-devel] You might want to check this game.

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] You might want to check this game.
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:16:54 -0800

> To the GNU Go team: that game was probably played using GNU Go 3.4, if
> that is of any interest. (We will add that information in the SGF files
> produced by Goban in a future release.)

Nearly all the worst moves are also played by gnugo-3.7.2.

Apart from the wretched misfiring of the owl code at various
moments, GNU is reluctant to close open corners. At many
stages of the game a move such as L4 to take profit would
make GNU Go much harder to beat.

Obviously the sgf filename MUST be changed. I called it silver.sgf
for the purpose of the following tests. They all fail.

Dan

loadsgf silver.sgf 12
10 reg_genmove black
#? [C8|C9]

loadsgf silver.sgf 16
20 reg_genmove black
#? [D8]

loadsgf silver.sgf 22
30 restricted_genmove black J9 L9 L10
#? [!J9]

# Apart from the fact that F7 does not cut safely, taking
# a corner is big but not considered by GNU Go 3.7.2.
loadsgf silver.sgf 36
40 restricted_genmove black F7 L3 L4
#? [!F7]

loadsgf silver.sgf 54