Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: gnugo: stepping thru a saved game in ascii mode i

From: grok
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Fwd: gnugo: stepping thru a saved game in ascii mode is difficult without () around current move
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:09:58 -0500

While busily clipping coins in a Souk teahouse,
Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> was overheard to say:

> Well, we are not dropping ASCII mode, simply it is almost not worked
> on, because the vast majority of user base doesn't use or even if
> they do, then only because they don't know about GTP clients.

Think about all those low-powered users (and users-to-be)
out there in the Thralled World who don't even know about
GNUnix yet... The ones who'll go GNUnix in the next few
years.
;>

And remember there's a major economic crisis on the
horizon. People will be holding onto older computers a LOT
longer AFAIC.
<:/

> I see and understand you reasons for using ASCII.  In this case, you
> could also try running GNU Go from under Emacs, if you use it anyway.
> Emacs GNU Go mode has been largely improved recently.

And here I am a lowly vim luzer.
(gets out his battle-axe...)
;P

> I think we had a patch for Readline support in GNU Go lying around
> somewhere.  Maybe it's time to apply it?

And I'd really like to slap that in myself -- but I just
don't have the diskspace, etc. Which is why people like me
rely on people like Martin and the Debian crew.

- -- JJ.

- --
*** FULL-SPECTRUM DOMINANCE! ***********************************
* Boycott the bourgeois mass-media.  [Use these in RSS reader] *
* RSS/XML newsfeeds from around the planet......Who needs CNN? *
*      [Critical endorsement only. Most sites need donations]  *
* http://www.oligopolywatch.com/rss.xml     Oligopoly Watch    *
* http://www.underthesamesun.org/index.rdf  Under the Same Sun *
*http://rcfp.org/behindthehomefront/data/behindthehomefront.xml*
*                Behind the Home Front         Enemy Combatant *
* http://www.enemycombatantradio.net/rss.php   Radio           *
* http://www.juancole.com/rss.xml              Juan Cole blog  *
******  PRIVATE PROPERTY IS THE ANTITHESIS OF DEMOCRACY   ******
GPG fingerprint = 2830 CEE8 4B63 72A0 F86E  622D 6245 9357 A705 91FA