Re: [gnugo-devel] bug introduced in 3.5.5

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug introduced in 3.5.5
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:49:05 +0100

Le Mardi 10 Janvier 2006 22:11, Gunnar Farneb�ck a écrit :
> Alain wrote:
> >  i had alook after this bug:
> > it appears with gnugo-3.5.5 at level 2 or less
> > no pb at level 3 or higher
>
> Moreover it does also appear for current CVS at level 2 or lower.
>
> Did you get any further? It seems to me that it may be the same
> problem as in http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/ticket/61.
>
> /Gunnar

Hello

The only thing i found for the moment is:
- in 3.5.5 -> 3.6 the bug appears at level 2 or lower
- in 3.7-pre -> 3.7.7.tar.gz i can download on the site it appears at level
0 , but not at level one or higher

- in recent cvs 3.7.7 it is again at level 2 or lower. So recent cvs have
impact on the bug :)

- from the cvs tree , i revert some patches to go back to 3.7.7 reference
tarball, ( for example owl.c patch) but nothing happened
(i m newbie to C and CVS, so it takes me long time, i was fortran programmer
10 years ago during my phD ;)

i looked at status and many things in gdb ... but find nothing for the moment

i agree it seems to be the same as  http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/ticket/61, and
will soon look at this second test case.

But , i m afraid this is a too difficult indirect bug for me, concerning code
i have not studied yet :(
i ll post a message if i find something more or if i give up.

Regards
Alain