Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: snapbacks

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: snapbacks
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:54:14 -0800

> Of course, just move the nakade shape to the center:
>
> OOOOOOOO
> OXXXXX.O
> OXOOOX.O
> OOX.OX.O
> .OOXXX.O
> ..OOOOOO

This type of thing (snapback to produce nakade) is
of course quite uncommon. It still should be possible
to filter snapbacks. It is certainly easy to characterize
them.

However I admit that the best method of filtering them is a little
unclear due to this type of example. One way would be not to
accept a snapback move unless it is the only owl attack
move for some dragon. Or maybe your method of giving a
negative shape value is simpler and better.

In any case I've been seeing snapback captures in
real games and I think something should be done.

Dan