Re: [gnugo-devel] Semeai node limits

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Semeai node limits
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:12:21 +0100

Le Lundi 13 Mars 2006 21:22, Gunnar Farneb�ck a écrit :
> Dan wrote:
> > Perhaps the semeai nodes should be increased but 2000 is
> > too much. The current default is 500.
>
> These are the results with semeai node limit 1000:
> 4 PASS
> 2 FAIL
>
> and with 1500:
> 8 PASS
> 10 FAIL
>
> With 1000 nodes I measure a regression slowdown by 9% and with 1500 a
> slowdown by 17%.
>
> /Gunnar

On CGOS 9x9 games i _feel_ that increasing the level gives really more
strengh (twinbot at level 12 is ranked 30 ELO lower than at level 14, =4%
of win probability).
Maybe this is not due to semeai_nodes, but on a 9x9 it seems probable that
this is important.

I wonder if playing with more semeai nodes would not gives some other
testcases where we see more differences than the actual regression suite.

Alain