Re: [gnugo-devel] 3.7.9 regression results

From: alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 3.7.9 regression results
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:51:30 +0200

Le Lundi 27 Mars 2006 14:25, Gunnar Farneb�ck a écrit :
> Alain wrote:
> > I have some unexpected results in regressions tests in 3.7.9.
> > I run it with a standard gnugo 3.7.9 compiled with ggc4.0
> > Is it normal (some results have not been updated) or is it
> > my compiler/computer fault ?
>
> How do you run the regressions? Test files not listed in any batch at
> the bottom of regressions/Makefile.am, e.g. the scoring files, are not
> considered part of the official regressions and are not regularly
> updated.
Ok. I had run once all the tests with my twinpatch, and build a test list
from it, where i kept all testfiles with a breakage, without checking what
kind of test it was <:o) (there are no genmove there so twin should not
break them).
That's ok now i just remove this two non official tests from my list.

> > Is there a tool to automatically adjust this so i can test my
> > twin more easyly ?
>
> If you run the regressions with "make all_batches" or regress.pike,
> unofficial test files are excluded. If you're comparing the results to
> a non-release CVS version with pre-existing breakage you may find
> analyze_results.pike at
> http://trac.gnugo.org/gnugo/wiki/RegressionScripts useful.
>
> /Gunnar

Nice this seems to be what i was looking for.
Thanks
Alain