[gnugo-devel] [sr #105877] non-conforming to GTP in gtp_final_status_lis

From: Serge Batalov
Subject: [gnugo-devel] [sr #105877] non-conforming to GTP in gtp_final_status_list()
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:20:53 +0000

Follow-up Comment #5, sr #105877 (project gnugo):

Since May, I've actually lost most of the steam, but you'd be interested to
know that at KGS they find it silly when GNU robots give up completely won
positions by not being able to negotiate via the KGS protocol (I've spoken
with a few KGS admins, quote: "GNU bots are full of bugs" is what they've
said). The opponents simply abuse this feature. Maybe it is the bug in the KGS
JAR adapter, maybe not.

I don't really care. Someone who actually wants to run the KGS robots may
care. I run 10 different robot kinds on *another* server (Go being one of the
robots, the others are chess, losers, gomoku, reversi, and different flavors
of backgammon), but since they play Go games till the end - I don't
(currently) care. Their server is in its infancy in Go, there's no
arbitration, hence - there're no bugs. :-)

P.S. The anonymous author in comment #3 was not me.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105877>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/