[gnugo-devel] on the road to 3.8

From: Joseph Piche
Subject: [gnugo-devel] on the road to 3.8
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:31:01 -0500

With regard to bug #175, I have to agree that G5 on move 52 is
awkward, and that a more appropriate move would be B8 or F1. However,
after viewing output with -t -t, it looks like gnugo is choosing G5 to
increase territory, even though Chinese rules are being used. Gnugo
should see the territories at B8 and F1 as needing to be
strengthened--which with the F1 territory, it does at endgame (which
might actually be unnecessary.

I do admit though that I tested it under 3.7.10, not CVS. I haven't
worked with CVS much, so could someone post the command I need to use
to grab the source.

With bug #160, I have run into this too at times. One possible (yet
not very good) options is to add a flag and (maybe) gtp command for an
individual move time limit, like --time-limit X or time_limit X, where
if gnugo reached that limit when trying to decide a move, it would
simply choose one sort of at random.

Joseph Piche