Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: on the road to 3.8

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: on the road to 3.8
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:25:15 +0200

Joseph Piche wrote:
With regard to bug #120, I believe resigning is the correct move for
gnugo, but I think more skilled players should confirm this. When you
run gnugo with -t you see the output:

I pass.
... though, genmove() thinks the position is hopeless
You win by resignation.

This probably isn't a bug. When you analyze the board, you see there
is no hope for B to connect his stones or get two eyes on the board.

The resignation is a perfectly adequate response. The question is why GNU Go didn't manage to live with a single stone. But I'm not sure it's well spent time to try to locate where this particular game collapsed, although H6 and H7 looks like possible candidates. Unless someone makes an analysis sometime soon I'll just close this ticket as wontfix.

/Gunnar