[gnugo-devel] Making GNU Go take advantage of multiple processors.

From: Dmitry Denisenko
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Making GNU Go take advantage of multiple processors.
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:45:32 -0400

Hi,

I'm a graduate student taking a course in parallel computer architecture and programming and I'm looking for a program to parallelize. I noticed that making GNU Go thread-safe is on your wish list. Have there been previous attempts at making it parallel? Are there any obvious reasons why it might be very hard (e.g. very large number of static variables in the program) or nobody just had time to do it?

Thank you,
Dmitry