Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo.ps and .pdf

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo.ps and .pdf
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:31:22 -0800

I wrote:

> So there may be a portability problem with this gtp-commands.sed
> on BSD Unix.

An easy fix for this would be to remove gtp-commands.texi
from BUILT_SOURCES and just distribute the file. We would
build it on a machine running GNU sed each time we do a
release.

If you check the sources out of CVS it tries to rebuild
doc/gtp-commands.texi (even though the file is in CVS),
and as I noted this fails on this PowerBook G4 running
BSD sed. interface/play_gtp.c is listed as a prerequisite
for gtp_commands.texi in doc/Makefile. So whether the
file gets built or not should depend on the datestamps
of these two files.

Dan