RE: [gnugo-devel] Revise TODO?

From: Ben Lambrechts
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] Revise TODO?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 20:47:54 +0100

>   * Fuseki tuning by hand is difficult. People who are interested
>     in doing machine learning experiments with GNU Go could try
>     working with fuseki. This may be one of the areas with most
>     potential for substantial and reasonably quick improvements.
>
> Very interesting and I think it's doable in the near future.

I looked today at the fuseki19.dbz structure. And I have a few questions.

* Does GNU Go uses this file for opening?
* Does GNU Go take in to account that the board is symmetrical (black first
move @ pd = first move @ dp, dd or pp
* Is this the only file for opening moves?

I don't want to hack in the code, but if I can create a new fuseki-database,
I am willing to help.