RE: [gnugo-devel] Revise TODO?

From: Ben Lambrechts
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] Revise TODO?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:24:10 +0100

> > I don't want to hack in the code, but if I can create a new fuseki-
> database,
> > I am willing to help.
>
> I don't think a new full-board database would be of much value at this
> time. As described in my other mail, smaller scale patterns have much
> more potential.
>
> However, I believe patterns/extract_fuseki.c, the code used to generate
> the fullboard patterns, has a mode to also generate halfboard patterns.
> It could be interesting to generate a collection of such patterns from a
> set of strong games, which then could be used in an Elo pattern rating
> approach.

Do you think it would be usefull to generate a new fuseki19.dbz from a much
larger game-database? I tried the first moves by hand:

F-H0-1 3977 pd
F-H0-2 1136 pc
F-H0-3 201 od
F-H0-4 158 jj
F-H0-5 137 qe
F-H0-6 101 qc
F-H0-7 46 oe

from the original file becomes

F-H0-1 31494 pd
F-H0-2 15635 qd
F-H0-3 782 oc
F-H0-4 633 nd
F-H0-5 609 jj
F-H0-6 482 od
F-H0-7 394 qc
F-H0-8 291 oe

with the database I have atm.
The fuseki19.dbz would become much larger, but it has much more strong
fuseki within it.