Re: [gnugo-devel] Using pipes for the GTP mode

From: Darren Cook
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Using pipes for the GTP mode
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 23:39:49 +0900

> I readed some old mails in the mailing list. Now i know what i need is
> pipes. I found some examples (
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2005-03/msg00052.html)(http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/quarry/trunk/src/gtp/).
> I think that's too complex for me:

I see it was my post you referenced; I was doing just what you want to:
nothing more than send a command and want a response back, so I think
you will have to accept some complexity. It is fairly hard in C/C++; a
little easier in scripting languages.

> about pipes before asking this, but there are various types of pipes, aren't

The easier pipes are where you just read or just write; but with GTP you
want to both read and write.

Darren