[gnugo-devel] Using pipes for the GTP mode

From: Jorge Timón
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Using pipes for the GTP mode
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:10:30 +0200

I readed some old mails in the mailing list. Now i know what i need is pipes. I found some examples (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2005-03/msg00052.html)(http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/quarry/trunk/src/gtp/). I think that's too complex for me: i just need a little example in wich "gnugo --mode gtp" is runned, a command is sent to it and the response is received (from a piece of code, not the shell). Maybe i should read more about pipes before asking this, but there are various types of pipes, aren't there? If i'm asking for too much and i have to learn that on my own, just tell me.
Thanks