Re: [gnugo-devel] How to compile gnugo as a shared library?

From: Cai Qiang
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] How to compile gnugo as a shared library?
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:07:01 +0800

Hi,

  Why do you need "a new process is spawned on each move "? Don't we just need to spawn one process for each game?
I have used Gnugo for a while on my Go website http://www.361points.com to allow people to play online against Gnugo.
The way I used it was to use GTP between Python (which my website is built upon for the dynamic content) and a Gnugo executable on Linux.
Once this became popular, the fact that a new process is spawned on each move because a big scalability bottleneck.