Re: [gnugo-devel] Some questions about GNU Go's status and future

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Some questions about GNU Go's status and future
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 06:17:47 -0700

Gunnar Farneback did experiment with a Monte Carlo option for GNU Go
(and the code is in 3.9.1, I think).

> Presumably the indicated engineering difficulty is
> the crux of the matter, but it seems to me that unless such a thing is
> done, this project is effectively dead (barring some newfangled class
> of

Maybe we should leave it as it is. As I mentioned, I surveyed the
I can't make itnd found some with names, some not.
 Let me know if there's anything
I can do.

I'll be here. We would have liked to go to Paris but this
year has been too crazy for us.

Dan

With all that said, I
algorithms scrambling the landscape again).