Re: [gnugo-devel] Default values

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Default values
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:51:43 -0700

> Where can I read, for instance, the default values for --depth,
> --backfill-depth, --fourlib-depth and -M?

Some of the defaults are specified in:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo_3.html

They are defined in the file engine/utils.c:

#define DEPTH                16
#define BRANCH_DEPTH         13
#define BACKFILL_DEPTH       12
#define BACKFILL2_DEPTH       5
#define BREAK_CHAIN_DEPTH     7
#define SUPERSTRING_DEPTH     7
#define FOURLIB_DEPTH         7
#define KO_DEPTH              8

> I'm trying to have GNU Go run as fast as possible, with this optionally
> being configurable at runtime (with GTP), so if you can suggest some
> other options or optimal values for speed please let me know.

Of course the faster you run it the weaker it will be. There's
some other depths set in utils.c that you could try playing
with. I don't think everything can be set with a command line
option, so you may have to rebuild to change some things.

Dan