Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs update

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gmdrugs update
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:50:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Horst Herb wrote:
> This is what the compound flag and the compound pivot table is for. A drug
> product consiting of more than one active generic ingredient is a "compound
> drug". It is given a name (sometimes often only a brand name available), and
> the ingredients are found by running a query on the pivot table.

 ...snip...
> A table "adjuvants" with a many-tomany pivot table linking to drugs might
> make
> sense then?
 ...snip...
> > 3. 'is_compound' in *generic_drug*: I feel that this is not rally
> > necessary. From my point of view Cotrimoxazole is a rare exception. I see
>
> See comment above re  meaning of "compound". Maybe unfortunate choice of
> wording from my side? Any suggestions?

I still not completely sure that every will work as it should, but on the
other hand I can't tell if it wont until having tried to convert AMIS to
that structure. And I can't tell how it should be done better right now.
At first I will try to get up the frontend/middle layer using the native
AMIS tables and then convert it to gnumed tables. Maybe I see to many
problems that will silently disappear once I give it a try.

Hilmar